8GB Ram says (6.06 GB) usable?

Yousef1
Yousef1 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
hello i have a laptop which has 8 gb ram it was working fine but today i checked the settings it says 6.06 GB usable
Can i Have a fix please?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Yousef1 
    All perfectly normal!
    Your PC is using the full 8GB, but it's not all usable by the OS or applications because approximately 1GB of it is reserved for hardware. 
    I've got 8GB RAM installed too, but only 7.5GB is usable -- the rest is being used by hardware.
    how much is used by hardware varies from PC to PC according to actual hardware specifications.

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:
    The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    The ability of the motherboard to handle memory.
    The System BIOS version and settings.
    The version of Windows 10.

Checking memory through DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    Press Windows + R.
    Type dxdiag within the Run box and click OK.
    The System tab will advise the amount of memory dedicated to the system minus the integrated graphics card
    The Display tab will advise the amount of memory dedicated to the integrated graphics card.
    Click Exit to close the window.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jenicachen
    Jenicachen Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Perfectly normal. Your 8GB will be used initially by startup programs and other os softwares or addons features. But you may disable all background apps. Just type in search bar - Settings. On the Menu, just select privacy - and scroll down to background apps and turn off apps. Dont worry disabled application programs will run automatically once you click open or use it.