Acer M550 RS232 control via PL2303

tvrulesme
tvrulesme Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 27 in 2018 Archives

I have a wonderful Acer M550 projector as part of my home cinema. I am trying to integrate this projector with my home automation centre (based on pass.io) and the M550 is the only piece in the puzzle which requires IR commands to turn on and off. The off is particularly flaky so I would like to control using RS232 but have run into issues. 

I am using an ubuntu server with a PL2303 which has the following connectors
Red + 5V<br>Black GND<br>White RXD<br>Green TXD

I have identified the following pins in my DE-9 connector (assuming the +5V is not required) and have also tried reversing the TxD and RxD

The PL2303 is connected and I have read/write permissions on /dev/ttyUSB0

[&nbsp; 151.218507] usb 2-3.4.1: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Having received the command list from here:

Projector Excel codes

And setting my tty settings to 9600,8,N,1:

# stty -F /dev/ttyS0 9600 -parenb cs8 -cstopb -crtscts

I try this command which should power on the projector

echo -e "\x2A\x20\x30\x20\x49\x52\x20\x30\x30\x31\x0D" > /dev/ttyUSB0&nbsp;

And also tried 

echo -e "* 0 IR 001\r" > /dev/ttyUSB0&nbsp;

But nothing happens. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Here is my full stty config:

<p>stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 -a</p><p>speed 9600 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0;</p><p>intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V;</p><p>discard = ^O; min = 0; time = 0;</p><p>-parenb -parodd -cmspar cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts</p><p>-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon -ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8</p><p>-opost -olcuc -ocrnl -onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0</p><p>-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt -echoctl -echoke -flusho -extproc
</p>

Answers

• tvrulesme
    tvrulesme Member Posts: 3 New User
    Update to this issue. If I use the command
    screen /dev/ttyUSB0&nbsp;<span>9600</span>

I get a constant stream of garbage and can't seem to type anything.