My dream machine's monitor died within 1 month of purchase

IamDisappoint
IamDisappoint Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives

Acer predator Helios 500 amd edition. (2k usd) I have to send it away for 7 days for servicing. I swear I will never purchase any Acer product ever again.

Comments

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Unfortunately in life, things do not always go as planned. I feel your pain! I've had motherboards that were dead straight out of the box. I've had to even return a car before after a major recall deemed it unsafe. Thankfully, this is why the warranty and customer service of a manufacturer/brand exist. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, they stand behind their product. It sounds like you've already contacted Acer and began the process of returning for repair and/or replacement. If that's the case, 7 days is quite a fast turnaround rate especially considering it is December and one of the busiest/slowest times of the year in regards to shipping times.

All that said, I hope you get a working laptop in the end! Let us know how long the repair takes. I have replaced several laptop screens and while it is tedious, it is not a major flaw with the system as a whole. Sometimes screens just die.