What are advantages of latest Android OS?

BillyGA
BillyGA Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
I have Acer A3-A20 with Android 4.4.2 KitKit OS.  Is there any significant reason to purchase a new tablet with Android 8 OS and if so, what would I gain by doing so?  All we use this table for is to surf the web.  What I'm mainly looking for is a way to speed up web surfing.  This tablet is awfully slow when surfing the web as many pages seem to take forever to load.  Would adding a microSD card speed this tablet up any as far as the speed that web pages load or is that just for storing data and program files.  (My Wi-Fi network is reasonably fast so I don't think that's the problem.)

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    BillyGA
    4.4 Android KitKat supported for more new devices, had Emojis in Google's keyboard, etc
    8.0 Android Oreo added support to save passwords with Enhanced User interface, Security improvements, etc
    Theoretically, Android updates always bring bug fixes, security updates and possibly new features. Google is constantly working on performance issues, enhancements and of course security threats. 
    Updating apps is a personal thing. Depends on the app and the author. I don’t generally have my apps update automatically. I like to look to see based on reviews if there are improvements or features I am interested in. 
    OS and security updates, while I don’t let them go automatically, I generally just check for a few days to make sure people are updating without issue, then I pull the trigger.
    When your phone was filling up and starting to slow down. You can try a high quality SD card and clear up some internal storage to speedup your phone
    So, you have to be careful how you define “faster”. Your phone has a level it can operate. You won't make it faster than 100% but if full internal storage is causing your phone to run at 50%, then it can help you get back to the full potential of the device.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!