A3-A20 is awfully slow when surfing the web even though it is connected to a fast Wi-Fi network.

Options
BillyGA
BillyGA Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
What are some things I can do to speed it up?  I have Edge and Chrome browsers, both seem to be very slow on this tablet.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    BillyGA 
    You can try to allocate more memory to Chrome browser
    Open a new Chrome tab and type into the URL bar: chrome://flags/#max-tiles-for-interest-area
    You should see a warning about experimental features in Chrome, and beneath it a list of such features. Scroll down until you find 'Maximum tiles for interest area', which should be highlighted. Click the drop-down and you will see several options on a menu dialog. We could see 'Default', '64', '128', '256' and '512'. As you might expect the numbers refer to the amount of memory set aside for the web browser. Switching up to 512MB from the default 128MB should speed up the web browser.
    Once you have selected the required amount of RAM, you will be invited to 'Relaunch now'. Do so and Chrome will relaunch with the new memory allocation. You should find that pages load much more quickly. And you can, of course, reverse the process if for any reason the new memory allocation causes problems.

Also, you can disable Javascript on your Android, open up the Browser, and hit the three dot 'Menu' icon in the top righthand corner. Choose Advanced, and then scroll down to 'Enable JavaScript'. Untick this option and you should see speed improvements, in particular on desktop websites that haven't been optimised for mobile devices.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Often it's related to the amount of free storage space you have, since the browsers download content and cache it for faster browsing. If there's not room to cache then it has to redo the downloads for every page. Try freeing up space and see if that helps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.