Helios 300 crashing after switching back from HDMI out

Options
Tactictaylor
Tactictaylor Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've recently bought a 300, has 7th gen core i5 with 1050Ti card. When I plug in my projector, Epson, have access to normal features like duplicate screen etc. However, if I switch back to laptop as main screen, and then say again to HDMI system just freezes. Mouse won't move. Identical, if I unplug and plug in HDMI lead, or go to Intel graphics card settings, for monitor 1/2, although it may be using the Nvidia card, not sure. Any solution for this, thanks? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    What happens when you switch back and forth between screens using the FN+F5 toggle key combo? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tactictaylor
    Options
    Same issue. It seems partially resolved with updating Nvidia driver, in that it freezes less often, rather than every time
  • Tactictaylor
    Options
    I've noticed too, that when clicking on desktop, to bring up graphics cards etc, on occasions, unless you reboot, only Intel card showing .... Very strange 
  • JackE
    Options
    What happens when you HDMI out to a TV or another monitor instead of the Epson? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tactictaylor
    Options
    Same thing
    Have changed laptop for 2018 varient, and guess what same issues. Fine on my Asus no problem. Plus notice on this varient, 144 Hz display, a huge bit of light bleed bottom right hand side by hinge, OK in certain positions, not impressed! Also this 144Hz display in this varient is much dimmer...still that's probably another thread..debate lol. So, different model same issue!
  • JackE
    Options
    Tactictaylor>>>Have changed laptop for 2018 varient, and guess what same issues>>>

Vendor exchange? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ