My AG3-605-UR38 refuses to boot when samsung 4k ultrahd tv is plugged in

Nolanator454
Nolanator454 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
Hello! First time on here so bear with me. So, I've had this problem for about a month or two and i'm sick of it. I recently had changed my password on the pc so that when i have people over, they can't mess with it. Everything was fine up until i forgot the password. I tried to put the pc in safe mode as a fix i found off google, but ended up putting it in secure mode. Then it just didn't boot and i ended up reformatting everything. After that endeavor, the pc would not boot unless my Samsung UltraHD TV was unplugged on boot. I could plug it back in after about 5 seconds. Before I have not had any issues concerning pc startup with the TV whatsoever. On boot, the tv will go dark, like it usually does when its about to show the startup screen, but after about a minute, it puts me on the "no signal" screen. The pc turns off immediately after pressing down the power button. If i do the unplug replug trick, it shoves me into the sign in screen without letting be ever access my startup settings. Keep in mind this pc originally had Windows 8 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 1.5GB, But when i got this, the previous owner had upgraded to windows 10 and put a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 in it. Please tell me if there is ANYTHING to help fix this problem without any new equipment. Thanks! (SN: DTSPXAA009347078199600)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Is there any chance to borrow a different monitor to see the startup? It sounds like you're hitting an error during POST while the TV can't display the low resolution text. Maybe with a second monitor connected it'd show you the error. It is possible it's failing just as Windows starts loading drivers and there you should have events showing in the log files. I'm assuming you've already used the unplug replug trick to get into Windows and then updated all drivers...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nolanator454
    billsey said:
    Is there any chance to borrow a different monitor to see the startup? It sounds like you're hitting an error during POST while the TV can't display the low resolution text. Maybe with a second monitor connected it'd show you the error. It is possible it's failing just as Windows starts loading drivers and there you should have events showing in the log files. I'm assuming you've already used the unplug replug trick to get into Windows and then updated all drivers...
    I have as a matter of fact, Its the same issue but it does sometimes work on startup after hours of attempts on an old monitor 
  • Nolanator454
    Sorry I was wrong, I checked again to make sure and it apparently works with other monitors just not the tv now. Sorry for the mixup
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    So note the time and boot with the TV attached, wait a few minutes and boot with the monitor attached. Then use Event Viewer to see if any errors were noted at the failure time. It's pretty much got to be something that video driver is doing when trying to interact with the TV, but I haven't seen it before.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.