AMD Radeon Settings said AMD Freesync not supported on my Acer KG271 + RX580

Options
pidot3993
pidot3993 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
It says here that KG271 is Freesync supported but why my AMD Radeon Settings says that it's Not Supported? How to fix this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Use DisplayPort instead of HDMI.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pidot3993
    Options
    The monitor doesnt have display port. It only has dual hdmi and vga port. does this mean i have to find a display port adapter to my graphic card?
  • billsey
    Options
    So your AMD Radeon doesn't have a DP output? :(
    According to the AMD Freesync pages some models of KG271 support Freesync over HDMI and some only through DP. Which KG271 model do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pidot3993
    Options
    my monitor has dual hdmi and vga only and my amd radeon graphic card does have DP output. if i should connect from the monitor hdmi to radeon's DP, i need to get an adapter right?
  • pidot3993
    Options
    sorry, to answer the model type, mine i think is KG271 only without any alphabet behind it.
  • billsey
    Options
    This is what the AMD site says for the KG271 with no letter behind it...

Manufacturer: Acer

Model: KG271(2nd ODM)

Size: 27"

LCD Type: TN

Resolution: 1920x1080

Range: 48-75 via HDMI

Interface: HDMI®

LFC: Yes

Freesync 2: No

HDR: No

• pidot3993
    Options
    yeah i understand, but my monitor does support freesync. it even says on acer's website saying that all kg271 model support freesync. the amd page that you share says that it's the freesync list of monitor. i read that freesync 2 is just an update of freesync. eventhough that my monitor doesnt have freesync 2. it's should still support freesync.

but i could be wrong. and if im wrong, does this mean that i purchase the wrong monitor? :'(