Hinge Broken, Still Under Warranty!

rterrain03
rterrain03 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Purchased an Acer with good Specs and Expected to receive a quality product, it was working well until the hinge broke when opening the laptop one day. 
This laptop is less than a year old and has been used primarily as a communication device for email and sits on a desk 99% of the time. 
Each time I have called Acer they have told me it is Damage, All I can think is that they don't want to replace the hinge. 
If this laptop can be damaged by opening and closing, how does Acer expect me to use it ? 
I have opened a case but each time I try to call them I get placed on hold and then hung up on. 
I am frustrated and don't know where else to turn ! 

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited November 2018
    Hi rterrain03,

Do contact Acer warranty support to check it if warranty covers damage.
  • rterrain03
    I did contact acer several times, they didn't agree it was their fault the hinge broke, all i did was open the lid. I would understand if I was abusive with it, or if I traveled with it. I've never owned a laptop that has broken this easily 
  • rterrain03
    Still no help from Acer Support, and from my research they don't help other much either. I've never had this much trouble with warranty. I talk with IT vendors, managed service providers all day long, and this support has been the most disappointing.
  • aquawoman
    aquawoman Member Posts: 3 New User
    Still no help from Acer Support, and from my research they don't help other much either. I've never had this much trouble with warranty. I talk with IT vendors, managed service providers all day long, and this support has been the most disappointing.
    you would be better off repairing it yourself. just look for the part on ebay and search up a youtube tutorial. that's what i plan on doing.