How To Fix "Input Not Supported" XF240H

grumpykitten
grumpykitten Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I was playing Battlefield 5, alt-tabbed out of the window to join a discord channel, then my primary XF240H monitor reset like it was just turned on and only displayed "input not supported." I was using DP to connect with the monitor. Had no problems running 144hz on the XF240H from my GTX1080 previously; but now I can't get anything to show up with DP, only HDMI.

I tried switching the resolution in NVDIA control panel but now it shows the native resolution as 1920x1080 60hz not 1920x1080 144hz. Even when I use the former "native" resolution/refresh rate all that shows up on the screen are some torn/distorted stripes. And when I try the latter, it just shows the "Input Not Supported" message on the monitor.

I tried looking all over for answers to fix this but I'm only finding older threads with solutions that aren't applicable. I even tried swapping around DP cables and the port on my GPU. Nothing seems to work and I'm now worried that there's a component failure in the display port on the monitor or something else super wonky that I have no hope of solving. Any ideas on how to get back to 144hz on display port? 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Could be a cable issue. Disconnect and reconnect both ends to see if that makes any difference. I don't know what the difference is between the newer DP cables that support 144Hz and the older ones that max out at 72Hz, but it's possible whatever does that might have broken in your cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Could be a cable issue. Disconnect and reconnect both ends to see if that makes any difference. I don't know what the difference is between the newer DP cables that support 144Hz and the older ones that max out at 72Hz, but it's possible whatever does that might have broken in your cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • grumpykitten
    grumpykitten Member Posts: 2 New User
    The one thing I didn't try in my panic was unplugging the power... that fixed it. :lol: