I want to install a second hard drive in my acer swift 315-52. I need FFC cable and HDD bracket.

Moses83
Moses83 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I want to install a second hard drive in my acer swift 315-52. can anyone tell me what FFC cable and HDD Bracket to buy and can I buy them? There is a post about the Acer Swift 315-51. However I don't know if I need the same cable or where to buy here in US.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi! I saw your message now! In this model, you can add a ssd m2 2280 sata or nvme, see:

About the hd kit, you can try to get free for this link if you bought the notebook in the United States or Canada: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    About the audio codec, it uses this model:

If you have problems with audio, uninstall and delete the audio driver in the device manager:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Moses83
    Moses83 said:
    I want to install a second hard drive in my acer swift 315-52. can anyone tell me what FFC cable and HDD Bracket to buy and can I buy them? There is a post about the Acer Swift 315-51. However I don't know if I need the same cable or where to buy here in US.
    My laptop model is Swift 3 SF315-52-81HD. Please help. I'd like to add a second hard drive.
  • Moses83
    Update: I called Capital Data and they sell the cable and bracket. They told me that only a standard hard drive can be installed and not a SSD. For real? I thought people can install ssd in any sata connection. Can someone confirm that info?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Hi! I saw your message now! In this model, you can add a ssd m2 2280 sata or nvme, see:

About the hd kit, you can try to get free for this link if you bought the notebook in the United States or Canada: https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    About the audio codec, it uses this model:

If you have problems with audio, uninstall and delete the audio driver in the device manager:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Moses83
    Hi egydiocoelho,
    Thank you for your answer. And thank you very much for the link provided!
    My acer 3 did not come with nvidia mx150. It came with a ssd drive and I thought I could add another ssd drive to install linux. I was having audio issues in an external harddrive using linux. However last nigh I was able to get some audio but I still need to improve the headphones audio. To make sure I am understanding, you are saying I can only have a combination of a ssd and hard disk drive in my acer swift 3 sf315-52-81hd? Or can I have two ssd install?
    Also I wanted to let you know that English is my second language, just in case I made some writing mistakes.
  • Moses83
    Thank you. I appreciate you took the time to dig for information and provide me with the answers I needed.
  • You are Welcome!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jaliisah
    jaliisah Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Wow! I appreciate all this help. I took out the gum stick sized silver thing, unwrapped it and discovered that it is indeed the hard drive. A little reading and I discovered that it is an M.2 2280 form factor drive. I ordered a WD 1 TB one on Amazon for $115 and an M.2 to USB adapter for just under $20 so I can clone my existing drive onto it. I have one more Swift question, not so difficult, which separately. Thank you all so very much, this is a terrific forum.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2019
    You are welcome Mrs. @jaliisah ;)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Moses83
    Hi Egydiocoelo,
    Could you please tell me if this laptop Swift 3 SF315-52-81HD support XMP profiles? I want to upgrade the RAM.
    Thanks
  • Does this model have xmp profiles in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Moses83
    edited November 2019
    Does this model have xmp profiles in bios?
    The bios does not provide any menu for the RAM or CPU. I can only see the amount of memory Install. However I read online that some laptops have this menu hidden to the user.
  • So if your model's bios do not have xmp profiles, it is best to purchase a ram without this technology.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Moses83
    edited November 2019
    Unfortunately you can not install two ssds m2 2280! In this case, just confirming, you can only have one ssd m2 2280 and one hd installed on that notebook!
    I want to point out that I was able to add a SSD to my laptop Swift 3 SF315-52-81HD with the cable and bracket I bought from data center. So my bios says I have 2 SSD now install. It’s been working really well since a few months now.
  • OK! In fact, you have one ssd m2 2280 and another 2.5 "sata 3 ssd installed, right?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Moses83
    OK! In fact, you have one ssd m2 2280 and another 2.5 "sata 3 ssd installed, right?
    That's correct!
  • doug_fa
    doug_fa Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi @Moses83,

I am having trouble to add a 2.5 1TB SSD (Samsung 870 QVO) to my Acer SF315-52. Which 2.5 SSD model have you added to yours?

Thanks!