Dirts

Lexton
Lexton Member Posts: 19 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
What is suggested to do when there's dirt stuck like below the keys?
Since I'm more of a sweaty gamer and it leaves that ish grey substance after your sweat if you seen it bfore. What can I do to keep the laptop clean after a 3hour ish session of playing games. 
Do you people ignore it or take action ?
If so what do you guys do to clean it? 
I'm sorry but I just realized this is the wrong place for this but I can't delete it 

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Lexton said:
    Since I'm more of a sweaty gamer and it leaves that ish grey substance after your sweat if you seen it bfore. What can I do to keep the laptop clean after a 3hour ish session of playing games. 
    I'm sorry but I just realized this is the wrong place for this but I can't delete it 
    You can use the blower kit to get rid of the dirt thing. Usually it does not affect the hardware of the device. However, weekly cleaning would make it look good.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Lexton said:
    You can use the blower kit to get rid of the dirt thing. Usually it does not affect the hardware of the device. However, weekly cleaning would make it look good.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    I usually use a slightly damp microfibre cloth (the kind that sometime accompany reading glasses or screen protectors) to gently wipe the keys and palm rest area off.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I game with an external keyboard and mouse. Since I carry the laptop in a backpack, I throw in a small wireless keyboard and mouse wherever I go. At home, I have a full sized ergonomic wired keyboard via USB.

This keeps the laptop in near immaculate condition. I also believe it runs cooler. I pretty much try to never use the built-in keyboard unless absolutely necessary. In theory, it will last longer.

For actual cleaning I'd use a can of air and a damp microfibre just as dclanz suggests.