Does Anyone have issues with their Nitro 5 laptop Battery?

Options
Cptsurf
Cptsurf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I notice when I am gaming my battery goes from charged to 5% within 20-30 minutes and if I am just casually browsing the web it takes an hour for it to drain. I have only owned this laptop for 4 days and the battery is extremely bad

Answers

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    yep it has pretty lousy battery life! I can barely go through a movie with battery saver on. I almost always use it with its brick plugged in. Anyway I wouldn't recommend you to run around without its cable and a wall socket nearby. For gaming you should keep it plugged in. Gives much better performance. Mine ran forza horizon 3 at high settings to 50 frames per second.
  • Hahaha
    Options
    I mean, you shouldn't have expected much out of its battery. That rig gives you some good specs for the price range. Battery is a small price to pay in exchange
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Which version of the Nitro 5 are you running? I've got the an515-42 with the Ryzen 2500u and 560X and I have pretty decent battery life. That said, you shouldn't expect to AAA game on battery, even massive gaming laptops don't last long on battery with GPU's sucking away at full power. 

That said, all versions of the Nitro 5 should be able to last more than the length of a movie. It may depend on the codec used for the file, as some are more intensive than others.
  • Hahaha
    Options
    Yes you are probably right