Can the Iconia one B3 A 50 micro usb be used for video out with an HDMI adapter?

Options
Nate_dog
Nate_dog Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I see that the A 40 is able to do it from an answer on another forum but can find no details on the A50.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Nate_dog said:
    I see that the A 40 is able to do it from an answer on another forum but can find no details on the A50.
     the specs of uses for your model is listed in the acer website. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NT.LF9AA.001

Here it mentions that Micro USB can be used for external keyboard, mouse and other peripherals which means it would work with external display. You would need to get Micro USB to HDMI cable.

If not as an alternative, you can use the cast feature from the tablet and cast the picture on to any device which supports cast. This is cable less and hassle free. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Jimbo58
    Jimbo58 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Has anyone tried this and found it to work?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    No, it's a standard micro-USB configuration which doesn't support video over USB like the USB-C gen 2 ports have. You have to use a screen casting app to connect with a WiFi enabled monitor/TV. Android doesn't have drivers to run a docking station off the USB like Windows laptops have.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.