Problems with XB240h monitor not being detected, cant connect.

nadroj
nadroj Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer XB240h that I am trying to use as an external display to be able to use two screens at once on my HP All in One. I have tried unplugging both and letting it sit, I have tried downloading updated drivers, I have tried youtube, calling tech support lines. I cannot seem to get one answer. Is the monitor even able to connect to the HP? Does it need a $300 video card to be able to work? Is there a way I can connect the monitor without purchasing anything? I am using an adapter to convert it to an HDMI, I dont know what kind of converter it is. I have narrowed it down to either the adapter doesnt work or the monitor. I have used the same HDMI cord to hook up another monitor and it worked immediately. I have never had this problem with a monitor before, please HELP. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    What port type does the HP have? Some of the adapter type either convert to HDMI or convert from HDMI and not the reverse.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.