Swift 3 SF314-54-53BQ additional storage?

Options
Purush_10
Purush_10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am considering buying the Swift 3 SF314-54-53BQ but I can't find details about possible storage expansions.
Is it possible to add additional ssd (m.2 or 2.5inch) over the already existing ssd? Are there any free slots?
Is the installed ssd m.2 sata or m.2 PCIe?

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,495 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi.

It would be compatible, with the following configurations, both PCIe and intel optane.

Solid state drive
    512 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb / s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb / s up to 4 lanes, NVMe 128/256/512 GB, SATA 6 Gb / s
    16GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb / s up to 2 lanes, NVMe, supporting Intel Optane TM Memory

http://prntscr.com/llx2qt
    https://pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#i=85,83&f=122080

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • Purush_10
    Purush_10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    IVAN_PC said:
    Hi.

It would be compatible, with the following configurations, both PCIe and intel optane.

Solid state drive
    512 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb / s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb / s up to 4 lanes, NVMe 128/256/512 GB, SATA 6 Gb / s
    16GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb / s up to 2 lanes, NVMe, supporting Intel Optane TM Memory

http://prntscr.com/llx2qt
    https://pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#i=85,83&f=122080

Regards.
    Hi,
    Can you please tell me if the Swift 3 SF314-54-53BQ model has free slot(s) (2.5 inch bay and/or M.2 slots)?
    Its good to know that I can use a PCIe SSD in the laptop, but the primary question is whether it has free slots or not?
  • brendanlcm
    brendanlcm Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, i have the same model with yours, did u bought from newegg? yes, it can add one 2.5" HD or SSD, but u will need extra sata cable and HD mount
  • Mevinyavin
    Mevinyavin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, I know that this is an old post.
    Is there any reason why this system should only support 512GB? Is there a fix for it?
    I purchased a Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB for my system (SF314-54-53BQ) without research (my bad), thinking an NVME 3 is all equal. Though it shows up in the BIOS, I get the error, "No Bootable device." (I mirrored the 256GB SSD using Aomei, and then R-Drive, with the same result.)
    For the record, mirroring the drive of my A715-72G-79R9 also did not work with Aomei - I got a "UEFI error" - but worked successfully with R-Drive.
    Can anyone help, is there some kind of setting to change from the default, or do I need to try a smaller drive?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options
    It supports more than 512GB, but the largest drive Acer shipped with it was the 512GB Ivan_PC shows. You shouldn't have any issue with a 1TB or 2TB drive instead.
    Fire up Disk Management and show us what it shows for the new SSD. If you're not careful the cloning software will try to adjust partition sizes for you, which often breaks the UEFI boot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mevinyavin
    Mevinyavin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Okay, I'll do that. But for the record, on one of my attempts, I even tried to clone the drive without expanding the C partition (which, after all, was the whole point of the exercise) and it still had not booted.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    We'll try and figure it our when you get the partition info to me...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.