Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-53H0 Major Fan Noise related to CPU

Crashy1
Crashy1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Just got this Laptop today and I'm sitting here with a brand new laptop that sounds like a jet engine every minute, and all im doing is browsing on chrome with a few tabs... When i press the power button it boots up with jet engine fan noise, the Nitrosense software i had was telling me one second the CPU temperature is low(40ish degrees celsius)(with a low load usage on the cpu) LITERALLY WITHIN A SECOND, its displaying that the CPU temperature jumped up to 70-90+ degrees celsius and yet still saying the CPU usage is on the lower end of load usage and has hardly changed. What i'm trying to say is the temperature reading coming through is very unstable and makes no sense when compared to the actual load the CPU is at. This has got to be incorrect readings.... Faulty sensor? My exact laptop is Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-53H0 (the one that comes with the optane technology). Please tell me this is not normal. Another thing this ONLY happens when the charger is plugged in and the laptop is charging. When i unplug the laptop the fans wind down immediately, there is little if no difference in CPU LOAD, but literally when i pull the plug magically Nitrosense shows that the CPU temperature just shed 20-40+ degrees in a second. Something very wrong when the laptop is charging!

Also after doing a factory reset to try and fix the issue i no longer have Nitrosense installed. And when i try to download it from the Acer website it only installs the Nitrosense Service application.. and not the actual Nitrosense program with the front end and all. So i can no longer keep track of things. having to use HWMonitor and im having a hard time.

This is my first Acer Laptop and Acer experience overall, And i'm not having a good time at all!!!  I've contacted support and the lady seemed to think it's a fault as well but she didn't seem too sure about herself. Can someone confirm if this is normal? Are these Laptops this loud under general use? I am yet to even load up something more demanding... Thanks.

Answers

• Crashy1
    Crashy1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Update: I managed to fix this issue myself. Here's what I did, I'm not sure which of these fixed the issue but it was on of them and so I shall list them all...

Tweaked the processor power setting. I set it to 75% as the maximum load.
    I set processor cooling to passive (Don't worry it still keeps the processor more than sufficiently cool) 
    I set the dedicated 1050 graphics card to Global default, The integrated graphics were set to default from factory.
    I re-downloaded Nitrosense and set AC to Balance immediately.
    I shut down and restarted the device.

One of these did something to stop the cooling system from going crazy and thinking the CPU was at 90 degrees + while at less than 10% load lol
    Now working perfectly and it's a great Laptop. Thanks.

• jurgens37
    jurgens37 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 2020
    @Crashy1 how did the laptop performs now?
    I have the same laptop but with 1060 NVIDIA GTX Card and the same issue happens. 
    I want to know if the fixes that you have made have changed your gaming performance? 
  • FatMoez
    FatMoez Member Posts: 2 New User

Specifically what I have done:

Click on your Start menu
    Select the Run box
    In the Run box type services.msc and select OK
    When the Services window opens scroll down until you see Print Spooler. Click on Print Spooler once just to highlight it.
    In the top left hand corner select Stop. Minimize the Services window but do not close it as I will need you to come back to it.
    Next, click on your Start menu
    Select My Computer
    Select the C Drive
    Select Windows
    Select System32
    Select Spool
    Select PRINTERS. If you get an Administrator pop up, just allow this window to 'continue'.
    This PRINTERS folder should be empty. If there are any files in this folder, right click and 'delete' them. These files are corrupt print jobs.
    Once the files are deleted, close this folder.
    Reopen the Services window. Click Start in the top left hand corner to Start your Print Spooler service.

I had a lot of files in the above mentioned PRINTERS folder, which I have moved temporarily elsewhere (and later deleted). I had some files there that I could not delete, that were in use by  print filter pipeline host. I killed this process in Task Manager, deleted the files. Restarted Print Spooler and lived happily ever after... ;) I hope this helps someone.

this SERIOUSLY made my PC same model and spec WHISPER QUIET

all the best guys