Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

My PH315-51-51V7 has a Recovery volume created accidentally. Is there a way to go back w/o data loss

AtmaChakAtmaChak Posts: 7Member New User
edited November 2018 in Predator Laptops
Hi. I recently got a new Acer Predator with a 128 GB SSD and 1TB HDD. While playing around with iRST, I accidentally created a recovery volume and as a result, my HDD is not showing up any more. I have some invaluable editing work without any backup tied to that drive. Is there any way I could get it back?

FAQ & Answers

• AtmaChakAtmaChak Posts: 7Member New User
    Hi @egydiocoelho @IronFly would you kindly help me out here?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Is the operating system in ssd or hd? Even if you restore the notebook, the hd will still be volume!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 26,277ACE Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    envie uma mensagem privada para o colega @IronFly já que ele já ajudou alguns usuários com este problema!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

@egydiocoelho the OS is in the SSD, HD contains my work.
  • Honestly I do not know to answer you whether or not there is the possibility of recovering HD without losing the files! It seems to me that if hd is in raid 1, you can recover the hd without losing the files!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Here is a screenshot of what I see.
    Also, I tried the method using command prompt and even after downloading and installing v15.2 of the driver, I am getting the same error.
  • AtmaChak said:
    Also, I tried the method using command prompt and even after downloading and installing v15.2 of the driver, I am getting the same error.
    Hi,
    Go to Files explorer and open C drive and check whether your files are in there.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • rishabhmrjrishabhmrj Posts: 6Member New User
    bro I did the same, now I want to recover only my hhd I don't worry about data, what should I do?
  • bro I did the same, now I want to recover only my hhd I don't worry about data, what should I do?
    Hi,
    Please start another thread, otherwise it will confuse the original poster, your situation is different from him.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
    AtmaChak said:
    Try connecting the HDD to a different laptop via USB. This could help recognize it as an external disk.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437