Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Jade Primo dual sim question

PJJPJJ Posts: 1Member New User
Nice to find others who still haven't given up the Windows Phone. I am looking at replacing a 950 XL. I like the dual sim functionality, but the 950 XL has a serious limitation - whichever sim is not enabled for data use is restricted to 2G connectivity. AT&T shut their 2G network down, so I have to use my T-Mobile sim in 2G mode. The HP Elite X3 had a firmware update that allowed the non-data sim to be used in 3G mode. How does this work in the Jade Primo?

FAQ & Answers

• boldun2boldun2 Posts: 11Member

Tinkerer

I believe that second SIM can only use 2G data (Edge): it's good enough for email or wikipedia but for video you need to nominate active data sim (not a physical swap but but under Settings->Network->Mobile&Sim). To be fair, I am not sure what it means to use 2 data feeds simultaneously, and the nominate feature is useful when traveling abroad to avoid the more expensive sim asking for data.
  • boldun2boldun2 Posts: 11Member

Tinkerer

Further to previous, I think you can get voice and SMS on both sims, but data on only one sim at a time; but if you nominate sim2 as data-sim you then get 4G on that sim. If there is no 2G voice network available (even by manual network registration) then you can only receive voice/SMS on the nominated SIM.

• smsalasmsala Posts: 1Member New User
    In the stock message application, before typing anything, the send button has the sim card icon and on clicking it, you can choose which sim you want to send the message from and then type it out and send it.