Predator Z35 woes

Repent
Repent Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hi guys, first post, having recently bought a z35 i have to say im somewhat dissapointed, the ghosting is a real issue, and really ruins what should be a great screen, this was supposed to be an upgrade from my Predator 27", but, so far, its a case of mixed results.

I have read a little of these forums, and someone mentioned running at 200hz help with the ghosting, i tried it, and can confirm it does help yes, its a lot better, but still not great, someone also mentioned a better quality DP cable, will that really help, and will some one point me to what they deem to be a quality cable (using the one that came with monitor or GFX card).

Any other tips on trying to get the ghosting to improve, other than get a refund (bought it second hand), i might just look at swapping it for another screen sooner rather than later.

Answers

• Repent
    Repent Member Posts: 2 New User
    so, a small update to my issue:

In nvidia control panel, under change resolution, you can alter the "output dynamic range" to limited, which instead of a range of 0-255, it restricts it to 16-235, so you lose some contrast range, but this has 99% fixed my issue, i have hardly any ghosting now.

setting refresh rate to 120hz really helps too.