Helios 300 sudden dramatic drop frames

Options
Sakran
Sakran Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought the helios 300 a week ago and its been running great besides one issue. Ill be playing Destiny and randomly the frame rate goes from over 100 to under 10 and it stays like that for about 10-15 seconds . I checked the temperatures and the CPU and GPU never go over 83. The last time it happened the CPU was at 70c and the GPU was lower then that. At first I thought it was switching to integrated so I set Nvidia GPU to always be on. The frame rate drops still happened. I just disabled game bar and i'm about to play Destiny again to see if it happens but does anyone have any other suggestions? I saw people suggesting under volting the CPU but the temperatures aren't that high. The only game I play on this laptop is Destiny so I havn't tested any other game. I have the latest Nvidia driver 416.4

Answers

• Sakran

Tinkerer

Options
    I Have now seen the CPU temp hit 93c.
  • Sakran

Tinkerer

Options
    bump bump bump
  • FaZePreV
    FaZePreV Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    I know this problem. You had to undervolt it and then change the Thermal paste. Even if the temps are under 90c°. My cpu and Gpu are throtteling at 90, so i undervolted the cpu and changed the Thermal paste on GPU and CPU. I got a average temperature of 55-67C° at Ultra settings on every game, with something around 65 to 140 Fps. But if you change the thermal paste yourself you will loose the warranty.
    I wish you luck bro 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Follow the links in my signature to undervolt to help reduce temps and improve performance. Let me know if you still run into issues.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045