Swift 3 battery issue

Bishal_K_Roy
Bishal_K_Roy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought my Acer Swift 3 (SF315-41) a few months back. From the first day of use, I have been following the best charging practices possible. I usually charge the laptop when it's switched off and never let the battery die completely. But since the last week or so,  the laptop has started to randomly shutting itself down (without any prior warning or notification) when the battery reaches near 30% and the battery indicator keeps blinking red, indicating low battery. I then have to plug-in the charger to turn it on again. When the latop turns on, it seems that it has started charging from 0%. Earlier it used to happen rarely but now it happens almost daily.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Bishal_K_Roy
    Please check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.
    >> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>Please Open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.

>>Check the Power options  :  Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options". Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings". Check the settings (you may have to go through all of them) and find any possible options that could cause this. You can start with things like "Display", etc. Once you have gone through them all, and made all your changes, click "Apply" and then click "OK".

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Bishal_K_Roy

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    Bishal_K_Roy
    Please check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.
    >> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>Please Open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.

>>Check the Power options  :  Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options". Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings". Check the settings (you may have to go through all of them) and find any possible options that could cause this. You can start with things like "Display", etc. Once you have gone through them all, and made all your changes, click "Apply" and then click "OK".

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Except for the battery reset, I have tried the latter two troubleshooting processes, but they didn't help. I will try battery reset through that re-set hole on the back and let you if it helped.
  • digi_info
    digi_info Member Posts: 1 New User
    Best lifetime of Lithium battery is about 600 charges, if it is fresh - it can also die because is not been use too long. Mechanically, dust in prosessor (cpu) fan (sucks it from bottom to cooler profile) and old mechanical hdd can use more current after time, or just pins of the battery connect are dirty? But mostly, battery is gone bad. Every laptop need dust clearing from inside, at least 2 year perioid.
  • Bishal_K_Roy

Tinkerer

digi_info said:
    Best lifetime of Lithium battery is about 600 charges, if it is fresh - it can also die because is not been use too long. Mechanically, dust in prosessor (cpu) fan (sucks it from bottom to cooler profile) and old mechanical hdd can use more current after time, or just pins of the battery connect are dirty? But mostly, battery is gone bad. Every laptop need dust clearing from inside, at least 2 year perioid.
    But it hasn't even been 6 months since I got this laptop.