Can I have more than one SSD drive in my 14 inch i5 7200u mx150 swift sf314-52g ?

justwondering25
justwondering25 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Currently, my laptop has 250gb m.2 drive, I am hoping to add a 2nd ssd drive, I did read somewhere there are two m.2 slots in the laptop.

Also does anyone have a link to a service manual for the laptop ?

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, there are two slots for M.2 SSD, one near the battery and the other besides the fan, one of them is a PCIe/NVMe slot but it's backward compatible with SATA SSD. Yellow rectangle in my snip shows the second slot.

• justwondering25
    justwondering25 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Yes, there are two slots for M.2 SSD, one near the battery and the other besides the fan, one of them is a PCIe/NVMe slot but it's backward compatible with SATA SSD. Yellow rectangle in my snip shows the second slot.

Hi, thank you for your reply and for confirming the 2nd slot, I have been bellyaching over buying a 500gb and replacing the one in the laptop, but I happened to read there is a 2nd slot, Amazon have some 250gb m.2 ssd drives on offer at £34.99 delivered, which kind of makes the whole idea of upgrading the storage more suitable for me, as I am too tight to spend £70 on 500gb.

I might hold out for a day or 2 though and see if any black Friday deals rear their head.

Brummyfan ? I guess your from or live near the West midlands, I am down near Stratford upon avon .
  • Hi,

Hi, thank you for your reply and for confirming the 2nd slot, I have been bellyaching over buying a 500gb and replacing the one in the laptop, but I happened to read there is a 2nd slot, Amazon have some 250gb m.2 ssd drives on offer at £34.99 delivered, which kind of makes the whole idea of upgrading the storage more suitable for me, as I am too tight to spend £70 on 500gb.

I might hold out for a day or 2 though and see if any black Friday deals rear their head.

Brummyfan ? I guess your from or live near the West midlands, I am down near Stratford upon avon .
    Hi,
    You are welcome, yes it's a good idea to wait for the black Friday, I live in Birmingham as you have guessed, moved from London few years ago.