Helios 300, Re-pasted.. Thermal pad inquiry.

Options
2»

Answers

• AbiloaldoM
    AbiloaldoM Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hello. I have a predator helios 300 G3-572-75L9 and I am having high temperature issues. I have changed both coolers, repasted with a thermal grizzly kryonaut and changed the thermal pads following the way that the user @dantrius showed, and yet im still getting over 95ºC for both GPU and CPU. Any1 knows a good way to lower the temperature? (I have the notebook for 1 year and 7 months).
  • ep3eddie
    ep3eddie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    dantrius said:
    When i repasted mine, from what i could tell, the thermal pads were 1.0mm on the GPU memory (the 6 chips around it) and the rest of the pads were 1.5mm.
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I’m looking to do this on my 2017 300, do you know a round about of how much area of thermal pads you’d need for each? I’m trying to figure out how much I need to order, I’m going to go with Gelid so it’s on the expensive side and I’d rather not buy too much excess (but will certainly err on the side of caution)
  • Rinji07
    Rinji07 Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    ep3eddie said:
    dantrius said:
    When i repasted mine, from what i could tell, the thermal pads were 1.0mm on the GPU memory (the 6 chips around it) and the rest of the pads were 1.5mm.
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I’m looking to do this on my 2017 300, do you know a round about of how much area of thermal pads you’d need for each? I’m trying to figure out how much I need to order, I’m going to go with Gelid so it’s on the expensive side and I’d rather not buy too much excess (but will certainly err on the side of caution)
    lol, I was surprised to see this had come up in my inbox this morning, Yea man I just bought 2 pads from thermal grizzly it was the best back in its day when I did this, the laptop still runs amazingly to be honest! anyways here is what I bought and I still have some left over.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJSZ6WA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJSV8C2/ref=detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

It was a mix for mine of 1.0 and 1.5mm. Took me a bit to figure out however after I did it was fine and haven't had any issues! I hope this helps and best of luck to you on this!