Can't use fingerprint - pin has been deactivated. PLEASE HELP me log in to my computer!!!!

darbyr2
darbyr2 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought an Acer Swift SF114-32 yesterday, and used it last night for some school work. This morning, when I tried to log in using my fingerprint, it said "Your PIN is required to sign in", immediately below it says "your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options."

Well that's all fine and dandy, but I have no way to log into my computer to change the settings!!! Is there away to change the settings remotely? I would even be okay to create another Microsoft Account to log in, but I have no way to switch do a different account.

Please help...

Best Answer

• darbyr2
    Answer ✓
    Since I can't delete the post overall, I'm just posting to say that after 5 tries, I was able to reset the computer to its factory settings.

Answers

• darbyr2
    As a side note, I've already restarted the computer twice, and changed my Microsoft password. 
  • darbyr2
    Answer ✓
    Since I can't delete the post overall, I'm just posting to say that after 5 tries, I was able to reset the computer to its factory settings.
  • abdarnell
    abdarnell Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem as Darbyr2 but I still can't get in. When I use my fingerprint, I get a message saying I need to sign in with my pin, but there's no way to change my pin or get to an account screen. HELP
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    abdarnell  Go here to either arrange for warranty service or book a repair order. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• snowman
    snowman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Return your computer if you can. Dollars talk.
  • Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    When you created a fingerprint login, you were also asked to create a pin. Also when you logged into your Microsoft account you had to enter your password. Do you remember these?