My Switch Alpha 12 (Switch SA5-271P) lost audio after windows 10 update

diegomondrik
diegomondrik Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Switch Alpha 12 (Switch SA5-271P) lost audio after windows 10 Pro 64 bits update.
I tried update and reinstal the Realtek driver, return to a previus version of Windows, and other things but nothing solved the issue.

I did not find any similar comment in the community but I did find people with the same problem in the Internet.
Thank for your help in advance!

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @diegomondrik

Go to Device Manager>View>Show hidden devices. If you have other devices> IWD Aud-Device, right click on it and select> uninstall . Then, restart your system. Go to Acer support driver downloads for your model. Download Realtek Audio, Platform Drivers Installer, and Quick Access. Install Reltek and then restart system. Install Quick Access and then restart. Finally install Platform Drivers. Restart and you should have sound.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • diegomondrik
    Hi Tech_Man, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it does not work:
    1. I don't have anything in "other devices", and
    2. Acer removed the realtek driver from the site. No audio driver is available.

Hope you have other options.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Right click on the volume icon at to bottom right and choose Open Sound Settings. Is your output device set correctly? It should be using the Speakers, Realtek High Definition Audio.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • diegomondrik
    Thanks billsey, but although it shows the correct device, no sound is possible.
    Also if you access the device configuration in order to test the sound, when you press the "try" button, it shows an error window with the legend: "No sound could be reproduced" (and nothing else. No error code or number).
    I also downloaded from realtek the driver, and when I try to install it, I get another error saying that it cannot be installed and the system with try again later.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Try looking at your Event log to see if an error is thrown when you test the sound. I'm guessing there's a problem with the drivers, we may be able to clear it by uninstalling (including uninstalling the files) the rebooting and letting them be reinstalled by Windows.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.