cpu still overheating after service center "repaired" it helios 300 (g3-571-76HW)

Options
ArzenalVilkiss
ArzenalVilkiss Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
is 96-97 degrees Celsius on a helios 300 (g3-571-76HW) a normal occurrence after playing mhw for 5 mins?
even though i just received it from an acer service center 6 hours ago.. 
edit: i would love some suggestions on how to decrease the temps if any

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    Did you try to update your predator sense?
    update the BIOS and VGA drivers from the Acer website and check the temp

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • kilari_helios_300
    kilari_helios_300 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. The overheating is severely  affecting the performance( like real bad, at the lowest possible settings I'm getting less than 30fps on games like overwatch). I have tried almost everything that has been suggested on the forums but there has been no noticeable difference. Notice the maximum temperatures. This is just 5 minutes into launching the game not after a long session or something.

The things that I have tried, as advised by others on this forum:

1. Updating Nvidia driver. Also uninstalling Nvidia experience.
    2. Updating the bios.
    3. Undervolting using Intel XTU.
    4. Tinkering with power plan.
    5. Temperature throttling using throttle stop.

Things that I have yet to try:

1. Repasting thermal paste.
    2. Hard reset.

Asking as someone who is not familiar with this stuff, will repasting help out or is there more to this than that? Its kind of frustrating
    having spent so much money on this laptop I cant even play games on the most minimal settings. Sucks man.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would try to apply a better composition thermal paste! However, your colleague @Red-Sand might be better able to help with this temperature issue! It has a unique topic on how to do undervolting, throttlestop and it knows how to use the msi afterburner program!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hazmat02
    Hazmat02 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Definitely +1 on Hotel Hero's videos, I followed his undervolt video and windows optimizations guides and my device rarely spikes over 80degC now. He also has a video on a thermal repaste as well! Heres a link to his channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw

Edit: you can also try a cooling pad as it will help elevate your device and help with airflow.

• MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Guys... There is something else wrong. It is not nearly normal to have CPU temp 100 and in any cases GPU temp 96... More over while playing Overwatch on lowest posibble settings ang 30 fps... This game should be able to run smoothly at 60 fps at EPIC and have temperatures max 80-85. Check your task manager for processes that might run in the background, check your CPU utilization at idle (should be 2-3% max), check windows update settings, windows settings, follow Hotel Hero optimization guide and finally screenshot and share your throttlestop ( MSI afterburner, XTU or whatever software you are using ) settings to check it out.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hazmat02 said:
    Definitely +1 on Hotel Hero's videos, I followed his undervolt video and windows optimizations guides and my device rarely spikes over 80degC now. He also has a video on a thermal repaste as well! Heres a link to his channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw

Edit: you can also try a cooling pad as it will help elevate your device and help with airflow.

The Red-Sand colleague, codenamed Hotel Heroe, has many topics regarding gamers notebooks!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ArzenalVilkiss
    ArzenalVilkiss Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    Did you try to update your predator sense?
    update the BIOS and VGA drivers from the Acer website and check the temp

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    as i said this is fresh out of acer service center they have updated bios installed everything and change the hdd for some reason
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    If your GPU is reaching high temps then I suspect a thermal paste misapplication.

Even overclocked +220 MHz on GPU it does not surpass 75 C with stock paste and stock settings (no undervolt etc).

I would ask your Acer techs to repaste for sure bro.
    - Hotel Hero