G-Sync is working with my Predator XB271HU Monitor

Options
ZBugCrook
ZBugCrook Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I have a XB271HU monitor and Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti. I should be able to utilize G-Sync but it isn't appearing in the Nvidia Control Panel like it's supposed to so I have no way of turning it on.

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Options
    1. Right click on your desktop.
    2. Select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    3. Expand the display item in the sidebar.
    4. Click on set up G-Sync.
    5. Check the box next to enable G-Sync.
    6. Below this choose whether you want G-Sync enabled for only full screen or full screen and windowed modes.
  • ZBugCrook
    Options
    Balu said:
    1. Right click on your desktop.
    2. Select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    3. Expand the display item in the sidebar.
    4. Click on set up G-Sync.
    5. Check the box next to enable G-Sync.
    6. Below this choose whether you want G-Sync enabled for only full screen or full screen and windowed modes.
    Hi, like I stated in the opening post: "Set up G-Sync" doesn't appear in the Nvidia Control Panel

• jondoe1989
    jondoe1989 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, just checking you are using a Display port cable to connect your GPU to your Monitor? It's common that people use HDMI instead. 
  • ZBugCrook
    Options
    Hi, just checking you are using a Display port cable to connect your GPU to your Monitor? It's common that people use HDMI instead. 
    Hi, Yeah I'm using a display port. My monitor is an Acer Predator XB271HU, which is G-Sync enabled, I'm using an MSI GTX 1070 Ti GPU, and the mother board is a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 (if that matters).

I've updated my drivers, I'm using a display port, and I even tried turning of integrated graphics in the MB BIOS because someone suggested that could fix it.