I have a acer aspire 4730z and I am getting an error message when I boot up my laptop. It says

Crystal3
Crystal3 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: Insert a windows installation disc and restart the computer. choose the language and click next. Click repair your computer. I do not have a disc first of all.  It also says on the same page File: \windows\system32\drivers\aswRvrt.sys  Status: 0xc0000098   Info: Windows failed to load because a critical  system driver is missing or corrupt.    HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM.... I AM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT

Answers

• Crystal3
    Crystal3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Crystal3 said:
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: Insert a windows installation disc and restart the computer. choose the language and click next. Click repair your computer. I do not have a disc first of all.  It also says on the same page File: \windows\system32\drivers\aswRvrt.sys  Status: 0xc0000098   Info: Windows failed to load because a critical  system driver is missing or corrupt.    HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM.... I AM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT
    This could happen due to operating system crash and usually this happens if the updates are failed or operating system got corrupted. There is nothing to be worried and no need to plan in getting recovery disc until unless its mandate.

Could you share the current operating system version on this unit. That way we can share the steps to recover the operating system
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • EnolaGay
    EnolaGay Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    I have the same problem and when I enter the S/N or SNID#  keeps saying not found    It is an Aspire5810TZ-4657  S/N  *********************** AND SNID #************   Now what do I do?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    EnolaGay said:
    I have the same problem and when I enter the S/N or SNID#  keeps saying not found    It is an Aspire5810TZ-4657  S/N  *********************** AND SNID #************   Now what do I do?
    I believe there are no recovery disc available for this device. You can contact acer warranty support for help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • EnolaGay
    EnolaGay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Your site keeps telling me that my S/n and SNID # are invalid.  Give me an email address and I will send you a photo and then tell me they are invalid.   This is getting to be BS..