Acer Predator X34P - Flickering at 3440x1440@50hz

Spi
Spi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone,

The left half of my Acer Predator X34P screen flickers once every 15-30 seconds when I connect my laptop (which is only able to support 3440x1440@50hz).

There is no flickering when I connect the X34P to my gaming rig (which supports 3440x1440@100hz).

Is this a known issue, and is there a solution for it?

Thanks!

Answers

• JMeth
    JMeth Member Posts: 2 New User
    The x34p has a hdmi 1.4 port, that only supports 3440x1440 at 50hz. Apart from that, G-sync will only work with a Displayport cable (1.2 or higher).

How is your laptop connected to your x34p? HDMI? Have you tried to use the hdmi cable that came with the monitor?

What kind of GPU do you have in that laptop? Nvidia? AMD? Intel?

Last: What do you do with the laptop built-in monitor when using your x34p? Make sure that you're not duplicating your screen. (In e.g. Windows 10 you can change that with WinKey+P.)

• Spi
    Spi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi JMeth,

Thanks for your response.

My laptop is connected via HDMI to the monitor. I am using the HDMI cable that comes with the monitor. It flickers but lesser than before.

I have an Intel HD 520 GPU on my work laptop. The screen is not duplicated and only shows on the X34P.

Spi
  • HUNGGUO
    HUNGGUO Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the exact same issue...
    left half screen shifted lower every now and then, when fps is lower than 100hz.
    No problem with 120hz.
    After I install the driver below:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6376?b=1
    download and install with device manager in windows 10, seems to fix the problem.