Acer Nitro 5

BradleyBradley Member Posts: 1 New User
Have had my laptop in for repair to Acer twice in less than a year.  Replaced hard drive, speakers and operating system.  Now it often will not turn on.  I requested a new computer. Acer tech support will not even entertain the thought.  Any suggestion who I can contact. I truly have a lemon.

Comments

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 22,217 Trailblazer
    Depending your AN5 model number, there may be a battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop. Remove charger and gently insert a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds. This should remove any charges on the mainboard that may be affecting the actual off mode after you exit windows. I suggest that you also disable fast boot in Control Panel power options as it can cause funky startup behavior. Select change what power buttons do. Then click change settings that are currently unavailable. Scroll down the list at the bottom to turn off fast boot startup. Jack E/NJ     
    Jack E/NJ
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.4K

Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Jose
Acer-Jose
Acer-Monica
Acer-Monica
ayushn212
ayushn212
BlueZ
BlueZ
GV3
GV3
Herufaia
Herufaia
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
Lawrence3s
Lawrence3s
Lucas_Brito
Lucas_Brito
mariano49
mariano49
Pilotte
Pilotte
Srijansm
Srijansm
Sultadashin
Sultadashin
Vladimir38
Vladimir38
xapim
xapim
+1.4K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• By Acer-Manny -
    In an effort to reduce the impact that the manufacture and disposal of computer packaging has on the environment, ConceptD packaging is now almost 100 percent virgin plastic free and absolutely 100 (Read more…)
    0 48

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 3497

Total Points:6057

Total Accepted Answers: 304

GAMING6698 Supercomputer Wrangler