My Chromebook 15 is printing in negative (black background with white lettering).

fmanthony8870
fmanthony8870 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
How do I change it so it prints with white background and black text?  Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    What printer do you have? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    How do I change it so it prints with white background and black text?  Thank you.
    Press Ctrl + P on the page you would like to print. Now you would get to see a print preview and check for more settings on the left pane. Here you would have the options to change the print to black and white. Select it and click print. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • fmanthony8870
    fmanthony8870 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a Brother HL-L2340D series printer.  There is not an option for me to print in black and white when I press Ctrl+P.  I've tried changing the settings in my printer and Chromebook and nothing seems to work.  I have another laptop and it does not print in negative.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    I have a Brother HL-L2340D series printer.  There is not an option for me to print in black and white when I press Ctrl+P.  I've tried changing the settings in my printer and Chromebook and nothing seems to work.  I have another laptop and it does not print in negative.
    Have you tried changing the background of your document and tried it. basically if there is any background with white text and trying to print using black and white it would come in negative manner. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • JackE
    You likely need a firmware update from Brother. But before doing that, you can also try to uninstall the printer and then re-install it. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromebook-central/xEhPzzfZ9lk   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kurtray
    kurtray Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have 2 Acer Chromebooks, both are CB5-571 models.

My Brother printer is an HL-L2340DW and it prints ok with my Windows 7 Sony laptop but on both Acer's the background of the page is black instead of white and the text is white instead of black.  I'm using Google Cloud Print.

This problem has occurred in the past but I figured out how to fix it but I can't figure it out this time.

Brother and/or Google need to get their heads out of their butts and figure this out. It's been a problem for a long time for some people but not everyone.
  • JackE
    According to the Chrome forum https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromebook-central/xEhPzzfZ9lk
    just delete, then reinstall the Brother from cloudprint. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ