acer care centre app not working

rien
rien Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2019 in Members Lounge
Acer care centre app has worked for ages but now it just freezes.Is there any way to fix this

Comments

• Make sure that uninstalling and reinstalling the program solves the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DuckRiverDuck
    DuckRiverDuck Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer Care Centre keeps freezing up what can I do?  I have to use Task Manager to get rid of it. Worked fine for ages. Model Acer Aspire ES1-531
  • @DuckRiverDuckIdeally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chrisadipascual
    chrisadipascual Member Posts: 2 New User
    A sure way to replicate this error is an update from version 2.x to 4.x

If any of you encountered the problem I described, this is caused by a conflicting service left behind by the old one.
    the way to resolve this is to go to "Apps & Features" , uninstall all acer care apps (you will find three items) , restart then reinstall v4.x

Thank god the nitro sense update from 3.x  to 4.x didn't break the app as fan control can seriously mess up a system.

Other acer app bug is the acer registration , where it is stuck on "a confirmation email has been sent to your inbox" , you can close the window
    but the email will never arrive. 

As for the numerous bugs I highly advise against updating anything , specially nitro sense and bios update. Those components are critical and
    the software is buggy or not properly tested.
  • chrisadipascual
    chrisadipascual Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2019
    Acer care app's most useful feature is the ease of getting your S/N and SNID. It also has a convenient link to open the drivers page , as well as recovery management. 

An alternative to that is to stash your  S/N and SNID as well as the link to the drivers page.

What baffles me is the another app , acer quick access which could have been integrated to acer care.

Correct me if I'm wrong , All in all we have 5 apps out of the box :
    • Acer Care
    • Acer Quick Access
    • Nitro Sense
    • Acer Product Registration
    • Acer Documents
    • Power Director (6 if you count this one)