VN7 792G Keyboard & Palmrest

treysuttle
treysuttle Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have the Aspire 792G and a couple of keys on the board went out. Because I don't want to deal with the keyboard being plastic soldered to the palmrest I'm trying to purchase the keyboard + palmrest. It is proving especially difficult to find exactly the VN7-792G. I'm wondering what other models are perhaps compatible, e.g. I'm able to find 791G and I'm able to find 793G. From the pictures everything looks the same and at least on the 791G it indicates the 17 inch monitor. Is there anyway to know if these are going to be compatible or if other models are compatible witht he 792G other than buying and trying? Thank you for your help!

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018 Answer ✓
    >>> Is there anyway to know if these are going to be compatible or if other models are compatible witht he 792G other than buying and trying? >>>

Not from the specs. The keyboard will likely be compatible. Touchpad probably. The 793G will probably come closer than the 791G because the 793G lists the keyboard+uppercover as a separate part no. similar to the 792G but the part nos. aren't the same. The dimensions aren't listed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>I'll just try to purchase from a place that has a decent return policy! >>>

I like your way thinking! :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited November 2018 Answer ✓
    >>> Is there anyway to know if these are going to be compatible or if other models are compatible witht he 792G other than buying and trying? >>>

Not from the specs. The keyboard will likely be compatible. Touchpad probably. The 793G will probably come closer than the 791G because the 793G lists the keyboard+uppercover as a separate part no. similar to the 792G but the part nos. aren't the same. The dimensions aren't listed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• treysuttle
    treysuttle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Jack - that is very helpful... I was leaning towards the 1G, so I'm thankful you answered. I disabled the touchpad directly after buying the computer so no worries there -- I just need it to fit and work :) I'll just try to purchase from a place that has a decent return policy!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>I'll just try to purchase from a place that has a decent return policy! >>>

I like your way thinking! :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ