Acer Liquid Zest Plus T08 - HM.HVSAA.002 - What is the difference between OS downloads?

Options
carstunts
carstunts Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hello Acer Community, 

I have a dual-sim phone and I want to make sure I'm applying the correct ROM file to the phone for my region. I live in Ontario, Canada.

What is the difference between the following OS downloads? 

WW_GEN1S

TWN_GEN1

PA_GEN1S

For flashing an update, do I have to use the MediaTek firmware tool to load the file or can it be done via SD card? 

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• carstunts
    carstunts Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    After doing a lot of reading and not getting an answer here, these appear to be the differences between the different OS downloads. 

WW_GEN1S - US & Canada - Single Sim (I believe this also works with the dual-sim standby, but I could be wrong)
    TWN_GEN1 - Taiwan - Dual-Sim
    PA_GEN1 - Pacific Asia / Russia (?) - Dual-Sim

If this is incorrect, feel free to correct me. Acer doesn't even have it documented on their page, so that's a problem. Since the phone is out of warranty, I can't even contact Acer support to confirm.  

Additionally, I also found this information on the Acer Community forums:

"
    EMEA = europe - middle east - africa
    AAP = Asia - pacific
    but the biggest difference is on the S at the end of GEN2S.

S = Single SIM "

To update the firmware, you need to use the SP flash utility.  To learn how to use, Google [TUT]MTK Android (Sp flash tool ) tutorial and it will explain the process for MediaTek chipsets. 

Please note that I am not responsible for any flashing / bad flashes of your device or the information provided. You use this information at your own risk.