A515-51G-51V7 Video card brick

matte91
matte91 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi guys,
i try to upgrade my laptop to the last BIOS firmware release v .1.21, after that doesn't recognize the video card.
I have a NVIDIA Geforce MX 150 and this is the gpu-z screen.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix the problem please?

Thank you all

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    v1.21 was for the mx130 adapter. Why did you try to install this version? What problem were you having? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• matte91
    I think impact only mx 130 not mx 150 cause there is one version, anyway the laptop don't recognize the card nvidia.

• @matte91 In this case I recommend that you contact the technical support! It is no use trying to downgrade the bios, since another user has tried to do this procedure and did not work: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/552802/mx150-vbios-overrided-with-mx130-vbios/p1
    Does your notebook still have how many months of warranty? If your notebook still has several months of warranty and as your notebook is still being produced by Acer, new versions of bios are sure to be released! I would expect Acer to release a new version of bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • matte91
    Thnak you all! yes the laptop is in warranty but i can't open a case.
    This is the screen.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Jack E/NJ