Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Helios 300 PH315-51 - Upgrading RAM from 8GB to 2x8GB

fc7005fc7005 Posts: 2Member New User
Hello everyone! First post here!!  =) 

I just bought a Helios 300 PH315-51 with 8GB ram and now i want to upgrade to 2x8GB ram.
My concern is that i cannot find in stores the exact model name of the ram that came installed with the laptop. Wich is the ACR26D4S9S8ME-8

Searching for the specs i found the model KVR26S19S8/8
https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/kingston-kvr26s19s8-8-8gb-ddr4-2666mhz-non-ecc-memory-ram-sodimm
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR26S19S8_8.pdf

So, the question is if these two units would work together at optimal conditions and free of limitations?

My specs:

Thanks in advance  ;)

Best Answer

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 4,199 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer
    Hi.

Yes, because one important thing between the two is the latency that is CL19, so they are compatible..

Regards.
    Si esta es "la respuesta", haga clic en "Aceptar como solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.
    If this is "the answer," click "Accept as a solution" to help others find it.

FAQ & Answers

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 4,199ACE Pathfinder
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer
    Hi.

Yes, because one important thing between the two is the latency that is CL19, so they are compatible..

Regards.
    Si esta es "la respuesta", haga clic en "Aceptar como solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.

• fc7005fc7005 Posts: 2Member New User
    Nice. Thanks a lot!
  • IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 4,199ACE Pathfinder

You're welcome. ;)