Acer XB241H monitor flashing at anything above 85hz

Options
Jxspeloxer
Jxspeloxer Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
This monitor used to work fine at 144hz. However, one day when i got home, i realised that when i was playing games, the monitor periodically started to disconnect, reconnect and shows the dp logo( Happens from once every 3mins to once every 10secs). Unless i drop the refresh rate back to 85hz. This occurs more and more often then longer i play a particular game. And after tolerating a while, the screen started to show a blurry image. 

I have tried to:
Change my cable (mini dp to dp cause my laptop only supports mini dp)
Reinstall driver(using DDU)

This problem has already been happening for the pass few days and it frustrates me.

I really do need your help. 

Im running on
Hp Omen 15-ce0xx
Windows 10
16GB memory
Gtx 1060 max-q design 6GB
Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80Ghz

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yeah, you shouldn't be seeing this type of artifact on your system. Did the driver recently update? Maybe you can roll back to the previous and test that. You've already swapped cables, so that's unlikely to be the problem unless the miniDP port itself is having issues. Inspect closely to see if there's anything mechanically wonky on the port. Are you still under warranty? If so and the other debugging doesn't reveal anything it;s tie to contact Acer support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yeah, you shouldn't be seeing this type of artifact on your system. Did the driver recently update? Maybe you can roll back to the previous and test that. You've already swapped cables, so that's unlikely to be the problem unless the miniDP port itself is having issues. Inspect closely to see if there's anything mechanically wonky on the port. Are you still under warranty? If so and the other debugging doesn't reveal anything it;s tie to contact Acer support.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jxspeloxer
    Options
    Im not sure if it was a problem with my computer or monitor, cause after i disconnect and reconnect my cable, this artifact seems to disappear. However the problem of disconnecting and reconnecting of monitor is still occuring
  • Jxspeloxer
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, you shouldn't be seeing this type of artifact on your system. Did the driver recently update? Maybe you can roll back to the previous and test that. You've already swapped cables, so that's unlikely to be the problem unless the miniDP port 1itself is having issues. Inspect closely to see if there's anything mechanically wonky on the port. Are you still under warranty? If so and the other debugging doesn't reveal anything it;s tie to contact Acer support.
    But let me try the previous driver to see if it works
  • Jxspeloxer
    Options
    Wow i managed to fix it with nvidea's 411.70 drivers
  • billsey
    Options
    Great news! Hopefully the next NVIDIA release will fix it so you don't have to go through the hassle again then. :)