My touchpad gestures are not working on my laptop aspire A515-51G! And i can't find any drivers.

miguealiaga
miguealiaga Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, recently I received my new ASPIRE A515-51G which was getting it's HDD repaired. Now that it works properly I find that the touch and go gestures from windows 10 are not working. Also i don''t have touch pad drivers. Please help me!

Answers

• Hi, Go to BIOS( press F2 button as soon as you press the power button), move to Main tab and check whether Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, click F10 to save and exit.

• 4antom
    4antom Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Hello, recently I received my new ASPIRE A515-51G which was getting it's HDD repaired. Now that it works properly I find that the touch and go gestures from windows 10 are not working. Also i don''t have touch pad drivers. Please help me!
    I'm no teckie, but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rfwR-IV-c&t=109s

0:48 helped me out
  • MZA23
    MZA23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im cbrummyfan2 said:
    Hi, Go to BIOS( press F2 button as soon as you press the power button), move to Main tab and check whether Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, click F10 to save and exit.

I did this with my nitro 5, as it was suggested in lots of forum. But when I try to change the touchpad settings to advance, there's a warning that says please make sure 12C HID is installed or the touch pad wouldn't work.
    wellI I changed it from basic to advanced anyway. After restarting, my touchpad didnt even work at all. So I guess I dont have the 12C HID installed and changed the touchpad bios back to basic.

Is there anyway I can solve this? I have no idea where/how to install the 12C HID