Can I RMA my laptop for throttle?

ItsSander
ItsSander Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
I should've seen this coming. I really should. I own the Acer Aspire 7 a715-71g for 13 months and after about a month of ownership, the laptop started throttling. Hard. When playing games like League of Legends on medium settings, I throttle every 1-3 minutes for 5 seconds on the CPU. If I'm honest, a laptop advertised as "capable for higher-end gaming" should not throttle this hard. I would love to simply return this laptop all together but I'm afraid it's too late for that. I was wondering if I could RMA this laptop to fix this throttling. It's probably a combination of a bad heat-distribution design and poorly applied thermal components (I.E. the paste) claiming it as a damaged product by factory errors. I barely ever have my laptop on my lap, on a bed or any of that regards. I mostly use my laptop at home or at school on desks so there should not be an excessive amount of dust in the fans after the first month already. I would do it myself, but hey! Opening the laptop voids the warranty so I won't go ahead and fix their issue myself.

Comments

• ItsSander
    ItsSander Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'd like to add: I don't want to cheat thermal throttling by increasing the numbers in the BIOS. They are there for a reason and although these numbers could be increased by a little before starting to enter a grey area, it won't fix this issue; it will only cause throttling to happen at a later point.