Battery Discharge helios 300

ShugokiMain
ShugokiMain Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
When I play high demanding games on my helios 300 I notice that my battery has been draining if though it plugged, a message also pops up saying my battery is discharging. Is this normal and does it reduce my performance?  

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ShugokiMain 
    Yes, this is normal for G3-571, G3-572,  VX5-591 and other Helios models.
    When your computer requires more power than the AC adapter can provide, it will stop charging to allow it to draw additional power from the battery. The system will resume charging the battery when the power demands are lower. This may occur during heavy gaming sessions.

If the battery discharges below 30% while using the AC adapter, the system will stop using power from the battery until the charge is above 40% again.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ShugokiMain 
    Yes, this is normal for G3-571, G3-572,  VX5-591 and other Helios models.
    When your computer requires more power than the AC adapter can provide, it will stop charging to allow it to draw additional power from the battery. The system will resume charging the battery when the power demands are lower. This may occur during heavy gaming sessions.

If the battery discharges below 30% while using the AC adapter, the system will stop using power from the battery until the charge is above 40% again.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Sharpshot94z
    Sharpshot94z Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hello I am having a similar problem with my Predator Helios 500. It comes with a 230w power-supply and while gaming and plugged in it will discharge. Ive bought a 330w power-supply from acer that is compatible with the Helios 500 and wonder if this will stop the problem because it will have 100 more watts to draw from. Any thoughts?
  • davelaw56
    davelaw56 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Helios 500 with i7. same here but gaming a whole day and never ran out of battery you clearly see the battery discharge slower than without power cord i'm just wondering if the battery life will be shorter because of the drain and recharge process 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    davelaw56 said:
    Helios 500 with i7. same here but gaming a whole day and never ran out of battery you clearly see the battery discharge slower than without power cord i'm just wondering if the battery life will be shorter because of the drain and recharge process 
    All batteries exhibit wear after continuous and repeated discharge/charge cycles. You can use a program like HWinfo64 (or others) to monitor the health and performance of your battery. The most harmful thing to do is drain your battery down to 0% and then recharge repeatedly. This  is why Acer has designed the discharge to only drain down to 30% while in use.