Black screen with cursor. Please help

Options
Wunderbaum
Wunderbaum Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought my acer nitro 5 AN515-52-547K about 2 weeks ago, and it has been running without any problems until today. Yesterday I just closed the laptop and usually it just goes in slumber mode and starts normally when open it up again. Today I did the same as usual, I simply opened the laptop and it starts up with the acer logo, but when it would normally show the login screen, it simply just remains "black". It is not turned off, and there isnt any strange noises or any kind of lagging/freezing actions going on. Its simply just black. When I touch the mousepad, the  cursor appears and seems to function just fine - except for the "processing-icon" that seems to blink. Ive tried to wait for about half an hour, but it is kinda stuck. Ive tried to force it to shut down and then start up again, and ive tried to close the pc and open it up. None of the things work. I am no computer expert, which is why I am asking you guys; do you guys know what I should do? I can try to upload a video of the problem. It might be easier to see what I mean.

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Video link

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi @Wunderbaum
    I would help you in this issue. 

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and check whether the task manager opens or not? If not, then try CTRL+ALT+DEL keys.
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @Wunderbaum,

Unplug the charger>>> press and hold the power button for 5-10 sec. once the unit turns off completely try >>>Power Reset
    Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Hope the unit will comeback. 

Image result for pin hole at the back of the laptop

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • ITJim
    ITJim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did this work?