Enable Integrated graphics AM3970-EB12P

Options
kinglouis
kinglouis Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello everyone:

My pc is Acer Aspire AM3970-EB12P. Recently the external graphic broke and I want to use the integrated graphic. However when it was sold to me the integrated graphics is disabled by default. I tried to enter the BIO but I do not see any option in enabling integrated graphics. 

Thanks
Wen Bo ma

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    All you should need to do is remove the GPU card and the onboard will take over.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • conam0
    conam0 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello! follow up question, is there any way I can enable both so that I may use the onboard VGA for a second monitor and the primary GPU for the main monitor? thanks!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @conam0

Can you start a new thread by clicking the upper right hand corner, "Ask a Question" button?

Do you have exact same model and same question as the member who started this thread?
  • conam0
    conam0 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    yes, I do have the same model, was supposed to ask a follow-up question for this. Apologies for my ignorance.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022
    Options
    P, the short answer is no, the BIOS doesn't support both at once.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.