My laptop tends to go dead often - Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G

Options
gjthegr8
gjthegr8 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
HI ALL, I recently purchased Swift 3 (SF315-52G) from flipkart. 
my laptop is behaving abnormally since I purchased It; it has been 16 days and the laptop has gone dead 5 times to be exact.
dead means it does not respond to any key unless hard reset is done(15s press of power button)
It happens when my laptop is in sleep or is shut down only, not at the time of work

ADDTIONAL INFO-
WINDOWS 10 1803 installed
All  the acer software uninstalled
the problem persists in 1.03 and also in 1.06 bios as I have updated the bios. 
Power light is there when connected to power only
No fan noise and screen is not on

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS FACING THIS ISSUE AND WHAT CAN BE DONE? ALSO WHETHER IT IS A ENERGY MANAGEMENT ISSUE OR ANY HARDWARE ISSUE?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remove charge. Gently insert a paperclip in the battery re-set pinhole on the back for about 10 seconds. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hp1990
    hp1990 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am facing the same issue, has anyone tried out the suggestion in the previous comment?

I would like to know what impact this will have on the battery life.Is this a battery gauge reset?
  • JackE
    Options
    No. It just disconnects the battery from the mainboard to assure mainboard circuits are discharged. No effect on the battery or meter. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gustpx
    Gustpx Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Remove charge. Gently insert a paperclip in the battery re-set pinhole on the back for about 10 seconds. Jack E/NJ

I have the same problem, and this doesn’t work. It has worked before but not now, is there something else that could work?
  • JackE
    Options
    If the battery reset fails, then press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds or till the laptop is completely shutoff. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You have the option of trying to reset the machine to factory fresh state which deletes all your personal files or trying to save all your personal files. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Thom234
    Thom234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am having the exact same issue on my recently bought SF315-52G-531A. Is there any reliable fix for this? 
  • JackE
    Options
    Thom234  If you've tried the above suggestion without success, you should return the machine to the vendor/seller for a refund or exchange ASAP. Or arrange for ACER warranty repair based on your machine's serial number id if it's less than a year from purchase date. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shivamlavti
    shivamlavti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Almost same issue in my SF-315 except it's completely dead, no charging, no power light, no sign of life on pressing power key or plugging charging cable! It started as three same issue you have and now it's totally dead. It's not in warranty and Acer charger ₹500 just to inspect the laptop!
  • Jeeva7747
    Jeeva7747 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    check Bios version 1.07 solved some sleep related issues.
    https://youtu.be/ZXzA5vay_aA