acer naming craziness - ACER SA12 vs ACER ASPIRE

Options
edluedlu5
edluedlu5 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone,
Not sure if it is only me, but ACER made a total confusion regarding names and model numbers.
I have Acer Switch Alpha (SA12) model SA5-271, BestBuy listed : 

Acer Aspire Switch Alpha 12" 128GB SSD Windows 10 Tablet with Intel Ci3-6100U Processor - Model #: SA5-271-3475 

Total mess.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    No, not quite total confusion yet. You forgot to include the model's part number NT.LCDAA.003 which is different than the model's series number, the model's model number and the model's serial number id. Then of course even though it's called an  Acer Aspire it not really part of the Aspire laptop series even though it's closer to being a reasonable-size laptop with a detachable keyboard than it is to a (huge) tablet. So you won't find out much about it in the tablet section of the community. You have to look in the laptop section. There, that should bring you closer to total confusion now. Don't you agree?  :)  Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• edluedlu5
    edluedlu5 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    yes, I agree, they made a very complicated. I am quite versed into products, but when I got my SA12, I had to scratch my head a lot, trying to figure out what is what. Now I am thinking to order an Acer Aspire which is different from SA12. The issue that I have with SA12 is the pen, writing is wiggly and crappy. But when I when online to check, amazon, acer, bestbuy it is almost impossible to check and find the best price. All have different versions. Crazy
  • JackE
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yeah, unless the submodel number (3475 in the BB ad)  is included with its model number SA5-271, it's really hard to compare since you don't know how the SA5-271 is configured. The BB ad you posted above is one of the better ones I've seen for describing what you actually get. Jack E/NJ PS I can't work with the stylus either

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    The initial post is just as snafu by Best Buy, they left the Aspire in when copying another model. The rest is correct, Acer Switch Alpha 12, SA5-271.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>The initial post is just as snafu by Best Buy>>>The rest is correct, Acer Switch Alpha 12, SA5-271.>>>

Well that's good to know. A snafu. It's the ACER Switch Alpha 12, aka SA5-271. Cuz one could get confused by googling "ACER Aspire Switch" . Now @edluedlu5 and I won't get so confused anymore.  =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, the Switch 10 and 11 models are Aspires, likely where they got the "Aspire" when doing that copy'n'paste. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.