Microphone is not working, How can I fix that ?(Acer Aspire A515-51G)

Jodhayash
Jodhayash Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2019 in Aspire Laptops
In recording devices, two devices are listed :- Microphone Array(Default) and stereo mix but does not respond to any sound. I've also tried uninstalling the device from device manager and reinstalling the audio driver from acer website but it doesn't seem to work. Any possible solutions that might fix this ?
Thanks

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Sounds settings and click "Restore defaults" and see whether it resolves the problem, please post your laptop model and the Sound driver version.

• Jodhayash

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 Restoring Defaults didn't work......
    my laptop model is Acer Aspire A515-51G
    and sound driver :- 
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site, download the driver for your model which is 6.0.1.8451,  uninstall the current Audio driver and install the downloaded driver and see whether it helps.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7244?b=1

• Jodhayash

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 I've installed driver v 6.0.1.8451 but still it's not working
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click Microphone, click Properties and go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Jodhayash

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 same result... it's not recognizing any input sound also when i connect my earphones to analog jack, Earphones's mic doesn't work too
  • Hi,
    System files may have got corrupted, please try running sfc /scannow command and then if that doesn't fix the problem, run Dism/ restorehealth command and see whether it fixes the problem, the instructions for running the commands are in this link:https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
  • Inka123
    Inka123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @brummyfan2 Hi I have one problem and that is my microphone is not working and when I go to record a voice and when I play games can you help me please would be grateful
  • Inka123
    Inka123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @brummyfan2 Hi I have one problem and that is my microphone is not working and when I go to record a voice and when I play games can you help me please would be grateful
  • DJS1960
    DJS1960 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

To add to the above questions - I have the same laptop, setup as suggested in the above, which I agree is the correct settings. I actually have reloaded Win 10 clean installed, de-activated auto Win 10 hardware driver updates in system settings, loaded all the drivers from the Acer downloads page ( used link as given above in a earlier post). I also tried using the microsoft standard  sound driver. Both the nicrosoft and Acer driver works fine with Win 10 Microphone recorder, and I can record and playback. With SKYPE, when using the Acer or the Microsoft driver, only static noise in the background, with my voice extremely soft. I changed the microphone sensitivity and gain settings, it's just not working in sKYPE with the correct device settings in SKYPE. With a external Webcam, all works fine. And with the above complains with this specific Acer notebook, I get the impression that there may be an issue with this specific notebook ? Or a mismatch between Skype and the Acer  microphone ? Any one out there has a similar experience, as I am out of ideas ? Unfortunately I deleted the recovery partition to reload the Acer standard setup, as I normally prefer to use a Win 10 clean install with no extra's.
  • SBA1
    SBA1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem.  Uninstalled and reinstalled audio driver and this didn't help.  Press ctrl+alt+delete, click on task manager, and click on services.  Scroll down to Windows Audio, right click and press restart.  Do the same for Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.  This worked for me!
  • Steve_Miller
    Steve_Miller Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had same problem due to Windows Privacy settings I made when setting up the machine for my wife to use.
    See this thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-10-update-made-my-new-microphone-not/73e3c056-b28e-4592-8587-80ba5cafcf8b
  • gbselect
    gbselect Member Posts: 4 New User
    @SBA1 it worked for me also. Cheers!!
  • javedkhan2727
    javedkhan2727 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Jodhayash said:
    In recording devices, two devices are listed :- Microphone Array(Default) and stereo mix but does not respond to any sound. I've also tried uninstalling the device from device manager and reinstalling the audio driver from acer website but it doesn't seem to work. Any possible solutions that might fix this ?
    Thanks
    Jodhayash said:
    bro can u tell me how did u solve that microphone problem ? i have same problem with my acer nitro 5.
  • Keneqpj17
    Keneqpj17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have same problem with my acer nitro 5, can someone help me fix it?
  • Lucas007
    Lucas007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had this problem for hours, and here is what solved it for me.  The first time you plug something in, it asks you what device you just plugged in.  I guess I had picked headphones, not headset years ago and clicked "don't ask me again".  I had to uninstall and re-install the audio drivers using windows update.  When I plugged in my headset, it asked me what device is was, and I chose headset.  Problem solved.  Totally ridiculous that these hidden settings can cause so many problems.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2021
    Possible solution shared by user Tremito

The thread is closed due to its age, if you still have problems with your computer, I invite you to ask a new question or open a new thread so that the users of the Acer community can try to guide you.

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.