Password locked out.

Options
morley46
morley46 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I have an Aspire V5-132. It's got a bit old and slow(like me)so did a windows refresh/reboot whatever to try and speed it up. My machine password was through my hotmail account and when i tried to log in told me the password was incorrect. I changed it as per instructions without any success, i can get into my microsoft account okay(on a different machine)but it still won't accept that password to get into my laptop. Tells me to use my Microsoft password which i am,with no success, a bit baffled by all of this.
Thanks for any info!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    morley46 said:
    I have an Aspire V5-132. It's got a bit old and slow(like me)so did a windows refresh/reboot whatever to try and speed it up. My machine password was through my hotmail account and when i tried to log in told me the password was incorrect. I changed it as per instructions without any success, i can get into my microsoft account okay(on a different machine)but it still won't accept that password to get into my laptop. Tells me to use my Microsoft password which i am,with no success, a bit baffled by all of this.
    Thanks for any info!
    Make sure the other computer with password issue is connected to internet. If already connected then restart the comp once and check. If still no success then better change the password from working computer and restart this device. Now you should be able to login.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Mamaparks14
    Mamaparks14 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have been dealing with the same issue. I have has my tablet the KD 1 model for several years now. Its been probably 2 years since I have even turned it on. Today I tried and its saying im using incorrect password and to use the last password used on this PC. Its thew my outlook account. The problem is that this tablet is not connected to the internet. Its not giving me any options to gain any access or even internet connection. Every so often it will say welcom and have the spining circles. But then I just goes back to the enter password .
  • morley46
    morley46 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks people, managed to solve the problem by doing another complete reinstall, this time i got all the voice prompts etc right through to the option of using a PIN sign-in, all up and running.