NBFC (NoteBook FanControl) Config for Aspire VN7-593G

Fethbita
Fethbita Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am having lots of issues with gaming on my VN7-593G that has i7-7700hq and GTX 1060 and I am almost certain that if I could get fan control to work, I would not have these problems. Can anybody that has this laptop provide the name of the EC chip of this laptop? Or if you are already using a config for NBFC, can you share that? I believe I could have a lot more performance but the fans just don't ramp up while playing games.

Answers

• Fethbita

Tinkerer

With RW everything, I can now set the speed of my fans like this:
    In the Embedded Controller (EC) Change the 90:03 to 14 to set one fan to manual, and right next to it 90:04 should be where you set its speed. The highest speed is 55. For the next fan change 90:06 to 14 to set to manual and 90:07 to set it's speed. The Speed goes from 55 to FF and if you higher it, the fan will slow down.

• soos_
    soos_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    yo bro can pls send me your config ? 
  • Brezemil
    Brezemil Member Posts: 3 New User
    Well hey there.
    Thanks for your hard work, finding out what these values do must have been really hard. Do you think it is possible to set a fan curve based on temperature? The fans on my VN7-593G are constantly spinning, although the cpu is just at 40° Celsius, and I want to stop that.
  • Fethbita

Tinkerer

Hey @Brezemil, I'm amazed that your laptop can keep itself at 40° Celsius, because my laptop is always having thermal issues. But I figured out a NoteBook FanControl config that works for VN7-593G BE, if you use "Acer Aspire VN7-593G Nitro BE" config that's included in NoteBook FanControl, you should be able to set it on auto to have it curved. Also you can open up the config yourself and change the things you want as seen here.
  • Brezemil
    Thanks for your fast reply!
    Well, i applied a modest undervolt of -111.3V on CPU and Cache and eliminated most programms running in the backround. This way, the CPU draws just a few watts (according to throttlestop), hence the low temperatures. Most time it sits around ~45 degrees, while just idling as low as 40° C, and these fans are still spinning!
    Unfortunately, I can't find a config named "Acer Aspire VN7-593G Nitro BE" in NBFC. I know, there is this post with a profile, but that didn't work.
    It would help a lot if you posted your config here, I think I am not the only one who would appreciate this.
    But thanks anyway, this link about NBFC configs is really helpful.

• Fethbita

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Here is my config. I really thought it was a default config that came with NBFC, I guess not then. I have an undervolt of -140.6V but still I am having issues. But anyway, I hope this config helps you ^^
    edit: ah don't forget to change the extension to .xml for it to work.
  • Brezemil
    Thanks!
    I too hope this will help.
    Sucks to hear that you are still having issues, though. What are your problems? High idle temperatures? Or just high temperatures in games and benchmarks? Because this is still a problem for me, I am getting around 95°C on the CPU and up to 85-90°C in AIDA 64. Temperatures are a little more acceptable in Unigine Valley, where I get scores araound 2050.
    To be honest, I am thinking about doing a repaste, maybe this will help - but before that, I will try your fan profile.
    Thanks a lot for uploading it here!
  • Fethbita

Tinkerer

No problem at all. I am getting around 99°C on games on both my CPU and GPU. I just can't cool it down. And the fans start to make sounds as well when it's getting this hot and it is insanely high sound. Not a spinning sound but closer to a buzz. I hope this one works for you ^^