Touchpad not working in Ubuntu

Doxpak
Doxpak Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, i recently bought an Acer Aspire 7 and the touchpad works just fine on Windows but on Ubuntu 16.04 it doesnt seem to recognize the touchpad. Any help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer
    What is your full ACER model number? I would also recommend that you install the LinuxMint 18.3 Cinnamon version of 16.04 alongside Windows by following these directions. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/598047/#Comment_598047   However, the touchpad still might not work as smoothly as  in Windows. The Mint 19.x versions of Ubuntu 18.04 may be somewhat better. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Herman_Sol
    Herman_Sol Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Check in the BIOS if there are any settings for touchpad, hold press F12 while booting. Then check if the touchpad is set to Advanced mode and chage it to basic, if that doesn't work I recommend to change it back to advanced.
  • struct_dhancha
    struct_dhancha Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi guys, just today I discovered that the problem with touchpad is because of the Nvidia graphics drivers
    I installed ubuntu 20.04.1 with only "minimal installation" and the "wifi hardware and graphics driver" checked options and the touchpad did not give a problem even once! After installation also I did not change or update the nvidia drivers