Undervolting not working.

Options
Vishiee
Vishiee Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571. Like any laptop, this overheats. And after a gaming session, the temperatures soar to the high 90s. Sometimes it reaches 98 degrees, which is not good. So, I looked up on the internet as to how to reduce this. And I came across an article that showed how to undervolt using XTU and stress test using Prime95. The article also used HwInfo for temperature monitoring. I undervolted using ThrottleStop to -0.140 mV. I looked up HwInfo just like @Skelomorph said to check if the undervolt value is enforced. And it was enforced. But when I ran the torture test using Prime95, the temperatures are still soaring. I'll attach the temperatures and settings below. Please help me to reduce my temperatures. I've seen people saying they play games on high settings and the temperature doesn't exceed 80 degrees. I want that too. Please help. TIA

These are the temperatures I get after stress testing for 10 minutes at -0.140 mV

This is my profile setting for AC power mode. If there are any errors in my settings. Please let me know. I just want the undervolt to work.

Answers